Terms & Conditions of Service Usage
For details of our refund policy, please click here (link opens in new tab).
1. ‘MiReviewz’ is an international business directory and reputation management service hosted on the MiReviewz.com website. Clients participating in the services of this website are entering a contract with Lewin Ventures Limited (Company Number 109916), whose registered offices are at 13/1 Line Wall Road, Gibraltar.
2. We legally own a range of intellectual property rights used in and relating to this website, including:
- the trademarks MiReviewz, all trading names and logos related to the MiSeries concept of services;
- the business listings directory database (‘the database’) which is accessed via this website;
- the proprietary modifications to purchased licensed software integrated into the website
3. MiReviewz.com integrates functions and services that are owned by other legal entities, including:
- maps, licensed by Google. There are agreed limits on the acceptable extent of usage of this map data, details of which are available at: http://maps.google.com/help/terms_maps.html for more details.
- Joomla content management system
- JReviews data management software
4. For the purpose of these conditions, the term ‘website’ refers to MiReviewz.com, the database on MiReviewz.com and any other website we may own or run from time to time that is hyperlinked to these conditions.
ABOUT THESE CONDITIONS
5. Logging onto and / or browsing the website is understood within the context of these conditions to constitute your acceptance of the terms detailed on this website page. Persons unwilling to agree to these conditions are required not to visit any webpages originating from the domain www.mireviewz.com, or are to be understood to be in breach of the conditions of use, with respect to any future mediation related to their participation in our free and paid services.
6. We may change these conditions at any time without providing prior notice. Please re-visit this website page regularly to ensure that you are apprised of current conditions of usage. By continuing to use the website subsequent to any changes which may be made to these conditions, you thereby agree to any such changes as an ongoing condition of use.
7. MiReviewz.com allows users to search for products and services and to contact the organisations that provide these products and services. You are authorised to use the website and the results of any search you conduct within the website for any purposes that do not contravene purpose those permitted under paragraph 10 of these conditions.
8. We implement measures to prevent misuse of the website and to safeguard our own rights and the commercial interests of our investors. You agree to be responsible and accountable for the content of any material submitted using your log in details and password. You agree to notify us as immediately as would be considered reasonable within the context of your usage of the Internet and access to telecommunications facilities, in the event that it transpires that your log in details and / or password have been used without your permission. We maintain the right to suspend any account if we identify that you have failed to comply with these conditions. Additionally, we reserve the right to suspend your account if your user name and / or submitted content is deemed by our moderators to be offensive, misleading or inappropriate.
10. You agree that you will not use the website:
- for any unlawful purpose;
- to harm, threaten, abuse or harass another person, or in a way that invades someone’s privacy or is (in our reasonable opinion) offensive or is unacceptable or damaging to MiReviewz or the MiSeries range of services;
- to hack, tamper with, or else to change any part of the website in a way that affects its overall operation
- in a way that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionably large burden on MiReviewz’s communications and technical systems as determined by us; or
- using any automated means to monitor or replicate the website’s framework or structure, or to interfere with or attempt to interfere with the normal function of the website.
MATERIAL SUPPLIED TO MIREVIEWZ.COM
11. Where you submit any material to the website you agree to grant us permission, irrevocably and free of charge, to use such material in any way that we deem to be appropriate (including, although not limited to, making alterations, excisions, and coding and content edits in accordance with the company’s objectives), in any media worldwide, which may include syndicating the material to selected reputable third party social media and networking sites.
12. After submitting or emailing your material to the website, notwithstanding the permissions you grant us in paragraph 11, you continue to own that material, and to maintain the right to use your material in any way you wish.
13. You undertake to ensure that you consider carefully what information you will submit to the website, in respect of the fact that it will be openly available to be viewed by all persons worldwide. In submitting any material to the website, and as a condition of our being able legally to use this information, you confirm that you are legally entitled to submit such information and that the material complies with all obligations set out in these conditions, and in particular that:
- your material is your own original work or you are authorised to provide it to the website;
- your material is not defamatory (that is, it does not damage someone’s good reputation on the basis of false testimony), does not contain any material which is harassing, threatening, obscene, purposefully offensive, hateful, abusive or inflammatory;
- your material does not detract from or affect any other person’s privacy rights, contract rights or any other rights, and does not otherwise break any law of the country of which you are a citizen;
- your material does not promote any illegal activity;
- that you have the right to give us permission to use it for purposes specified above and that such use will not infringe the copyright, database right, trade mark, privacy or other rights of a third party;
- your material is not in any way liable to mislead others or otherwise be detrimental to or inconsistent with our good name or reputation;
- your material does not contain any virus or other code that may damage, interfere with or otherwise adversely affect the operation of the website;
- when submitting a review for a business you undertake to ensure that the review is strictly truthful and that each service transaction will be reviewed once only;
- in the event that the accuracy or veracity of a submitted review is challenged by another site user, you accept that we may suspend the review and request that you provide reasonable, coherent and credible corroboration of your usage of the services being reviewed and that failure to provide such corroboration will normally result in our being unable to re-publish the review;
- you will not falsify or delete any author attributions, legal or other proprietary notices, designations or labels; and
- your material does not contain any form of mass-mailing or spam.
14. You acknowledge that we do not have a duty to publish any material you have provided.
15. In the event that your usage of the website elicits a susceptibility to normal function not otherwise safeguarding by the provisions detailed elsewhere in these conditions, we will aim to communicate our concerns to you in such a way as will assist you to alter the manner in which you use this site. However, we nonetheless reserve the right to:
- reject or refuse to post any material you have provided;
- remove any material from the website, whether or not the material contravenes any of these conditions; or
- restrict, suspend or attempt to prevent your access to all or any part of the website at any time.
16. In consideration of the entirety of these terms, if you do not wish to grant us the permissions expressed above, you undertake not to submit any material to the website.
17. While we may from time to time do so as described elsewhere in this document, we do not undertake to edit, pre-vet or review any third party material displayed on the website. MiReviewz operates a notice and suspension procedure regarding such material. If you believe that any comment or review does not comply with the requirements set out in paragraph 13, please notify us immediately. We will then aim to review the material without unreasonable delay and, where we deem it appropriate, suspend or permanently remove the material.
18. Website users are to undertake to be aware of the following:
- You use the website at your own risk.
- Website users are advised to undertake reasonable corroborative measures to ensure that they are satisfied with the precise type and nature of goods or services being offered by any organisations you search for using the website. MiReviewz also recommends that you research independently or otherwise request third party corroboration of the qualifications of persons, companies and organisations offering the goods or services. The MiReviewz website is to be understood not to function as an agency for and does not give guarantees of quality, veracity or competence on behalf of the organisations detailed on the website, or of their goods and services.
- You are advised not to rely exclusively on the website for advice, but should firstly consider the advice of qualified persons whose expertise is known properly to relate to the domain within the context of which you are to make a decision with respect to usage of particular products or services.
19. The website contains hyperlinks to websites run by companies other than Lewin Ventures Limited. We do not control, and are not responsible for, content on any other websites made available from or through the website. We do not undertake to provide any guarantees or comment about such content or the competence or performance of hyperlinked companies. You access and use these sites at your own risk and will need to adhere to any conditions of use that apply to those sites. We are not to be understood as approving or sponsoring any products, services or content you access or purchase through these websites.
20. We do not guarantee any aspect of the accuracy of the results of any search made via the MiReviewz website.
21. As far as the relevant laws allow, neither we nor any other members of our group of companies, investors, officers, shareholders, staff or other organisations connected to us (collectively, ‘MiReviewz Personnel’) give you any guarantees that:
- there will be no problems with how you use the website; or
- the computer or server you use to log on to the website is free of viruses or other harmful programmes.
LIMITS TO OUR LIABILITY
22. Under no circumstances will the MiReviewz Personnel or any other organisation involved in creating, producing, maintaining or distributing the website be liable for any loss of:
- business or business opportunities;
- savings you expect to make;
- use of corrupted information; or
23. If we do not keep to these conditions, we will only be liable for losses you have suffered as a direct result of our contravention. We are not liable to you for any other losses whether they are because we have not kept to our obligations or contract, because of something we have not done, due to defamatory statements or liability for a product or otherwise as a result of:
- using or relying on the website;
- not being able to use the website;
- any mistake, fault, failure to do something, missing information, or virus on the website or if it does not work properly because of incidents outside of our control such as (but not limited to) interruptions to communication and networks and circumstances beyond our control;
- theft, destruction of information or someone getting access to our records, programs or services without our permission;
- goods, products, services or information received through or advertised on the website or any links provided by the website; or
- any information, data, message or other material which you e-mail, post, upload, reproduce, send, or otherwise distribute or receive using the website.
24. These conditions make up the whole agreement between you and us with respect to how you undertake to use the website. If a court decides that a condition or certain conditions is not valid, the rest of the conditions are to be agreed as still to apply.
25. You accept that the laws of the countries of which you are a citizen and of which you are at any time resident apply to your use of the website and to these conditions. In the event of your contravention of these conditions and subsequent failure of mediation, we maintain the right to initiate legal proceedings against you in the country in which you are a citizen and / or in which you are at any times resident.
Updated on 23 August 2013