Attention to Detail 

Efficiency 

Helpfulness 

Flexibility 

Quality 

Empathy 

Accessibility of Services 

'The Extra Mile' 

7 wonderful days along the Machame route (Oct 2016)

Four of us did the Machame route (3-9 Oct 2016) with Team Maasai.
Before the trip started. The emails back and forth before the trip went very smoothly between David and us. We asked lots of questions, and also asked for some flexibility on several points (for example, been able to lengthen the trek from 7 to 8 days if necessary). We were very satisfied and confident when we got into the plane.

On arrival everything went just fine (there was a little confusion on the lodge we were supposed to spend the night, but it was quickly and efficiently resolved). Then we met our guide John Naiman, which gave us our first briefing. I can't imaging a better guide. He was so nice, so knowledgeable, so easy going, he had so much empathy... John was the perfect guide. I had some problems with mountain sickness at several points, and John always had the solution and some wise tip to help me. We ALWAYS felt that he and his team were taking care of us. I have to extend my compliments to the rest of the team. The cook was great, we didn't expect to eat so well in the mountain (we used to say: "better food that in many restaurants"). Very varied food, lots of warm drinks too, even popcorn :) . The waiters were really helpful, specially John Leonard who had good english. The assistant guide, Emanuel, was fine too. And finally the porters were excellent, they were so kind, always smiling to us, or dancing for us and with us. They were truly happy that all of us made it to the summit.

The equipment that was provided was excellent: in particular the tents and floor mats (which were really thick and confortable). The price of the trek was really competitive too. So I absolutely recommend Team Maasai and Team Kilimanjaro. An unforgettable adventure and John and his team made it possible.

Corroboration of Service Usage

Date of Transaction
October 11, 2016
Representative
David Squire
Transacted?
Yes
Transaction Value
roughly 8000 USD (group of 4)
Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Ordering